IA Widens Eligibility for Simplified DIpar Andrew Rickard | March 17 2015 01:52PM
Industrial Alliance (IA) has changed its underwriting guidelines for immigrants in its simplified issue disability insurance products.
In the past, IA would only allow Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and those with a certain type of work permit who could prove they had applied for permanent resident status to buy their Acci-Jet and Acci-7 simplified issue disability products.
The insurer has announced that it is extending eligibility for immigrants that work and live in Canada to include:
- Those with student permits who have been in Canada more than 5 years
- Those under the Skilled Workers Program
- Those under the Live-in caregivers Program
- Refugees landed in Canada or Refugees with protection status
- Foreign-trained physicians